- This event has passed.
GP update: Prostate cancer
February 1 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
NASGP host an online webinar on a GP update: Prostate cancer. The talk will be given by Dr Sam Merriel, a GP from West Lancashire who has conducted extensive research into prostate cancer diagnosis in primary care, including the role of symptoms, the accuracy of Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) in primary care, and the potential impact of prostate MRI. Sam served on the recent National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) prostate cancer guidelines update committee in 2021, and he has been a member of expert reference groups for Prostate Cancer UK, Movember, the National Cancer Research Institute, and NHS England.
The learning objectives :-
Learn the high-risk demographics for prostate cancer.
· Assess (& reassess) need for PSA blood testing.
· Explain the recent changes in the diagnostic pathway.
· Understand the key health inequalities/inequities in prostate cancer.
· Learn the latest PCN DES requirements.
· Identify where to signpost patients for more information
To sign up follow the link below and nearer the date the link to the meeting will be sent to you