- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid Champions 29/01/2024
January 29 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm£200
This one day course qualifies you as an MHFA Champion, giving you:
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are an MHFA Champion
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
This is a one day intensive course.
Livewell Southwest is part of the NHS and our tutors who deliver the Mental Health First Aid Training are experts in their fields with over 20 plus years’ experience as either Mental Health Nurses or Doctors.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA England) is the mental health equivalent of physical first aid, providing participants with the skills and confidence to recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues. Our tutors are not just textbook taught they have years of lived experiences which makes our courses are far more interesting and sets us apart from other providers.
You will help to reduce the stigma of mental health and be part of creating a positive impact in your workplace.
Livewell Southwest is a top mental health provider across Devon and Cornwall encouraging other organisations to invest in your employee’s mental health ensuring that you are investing in the success, resilience, and longevity of your organisation.
We offer this training to anyone who would like to help and support others in any mental health episode.