Introduction to Ear Care for Healthcare Assistants – 20th March 2024 – Hosted by LDC
March 20 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm£195
Introduction to Ear Care for Healthcare Assistants – 20th March 2024, 09:30 to 15:30
With Specialist Ear Care Nurse Educator, Tracey Owen.
Lunch is provided for this training session. Please advise your dietary needs on booking.
A one-day course in ear irrigation for Healthcare Assistants/Assistant Practitioners designed to ensure that those Assistants who are expected to irrigate are able to do so confidently and safely.
- Healthcare Assistants, Assistant Practitioners and Trainee Nursing Associates working in general practice
The course provides knowledge and practical guidance, which, together with mentorship in situ, should enable Healthcare Assistants to fulfil their extended role.
- An understanding of the basic anatomy and physiology of the ear.
- An understanding of basic ear care.
- A foundation of knowledge on which to base practical ear irrigation.
- A foundation knowledge of otoscopy.
- Accountability and documentation.
- An understanding that, during and following completion of the course, they will undertake ear irrigation within appropriately monitored and supervised conditions and within the limits of their knowledge, skill and competence.
- An understanding that, following the course, ear irrigation will continue to be undertaken in accordance with the Ear Care Guidelines
If you no longer require your place on this course place cancel it so that there is availability for other delegates. To cancel a booking please log into your Learning and Development Centre account, go to the Centre course list and click on the orange box next to the course name.
If you have any questions please contact the team at email@example.com