Immunisation training for Nurses and AHPs **CONTACT US FOR DATES**(firstname.lastname@example.org)
December 8 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm£230.00
16 CPD hours
This two-day foundation course follows the guidelines of the National Minimum Standards for Registered Healthcare Practitioners (2018) for immunisation training.
It includes an overview of childhood and travel immunisations.
- Aims of immunisation, national policy & schedules.
- The immune system and how vaccines work.
- Vaccine preventable diseases.
- Types of vaccines used and their composition.
- Current issues and controversies regarding immunisations.
- Communication with patients and parents.
- Legal aspects of vaccination.
- Medicines Management (storage and handling of vaccines).
- Correct administration of vaccines.
- Anaphylaxis and other adverse events.
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting.
- Strategies for improving immunisation rates.
£230.00 per person for members or £350.00 per person for non members (incl VAT)