- This event has passed.
ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) – 2 day course 8th and 9th February 2024
February 8 @ 9:30 am - 6:30 pm£225.00
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Identify people who have thoughts of suicide,
- Understand how beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions,
- Understand a person at risk’s story about suicide as well as recognise turning points that connect a person to life,
- Conduct a safety assessment and develop a plan that will keep the person at risk safe-for-now,
- Practice as a registered ASIST caregiver
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first-aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognize when someone may be at risk of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety.
Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don’t need any formal training to attend the workshop—ASIST can be learned and used by anyone. ASIST makes a difference.
A two-day ASIST workshop gives you what you cannot get from a book – practice.
Every part of the ASIST proven intervention model is broken into manageable steps and practiced with skilled facilitators. Practice is what gives participants the confidence and experience to translate their learning into action