Devon Training Hub GP Short Career Break Support
A new workforce support offer for Devon GPs who are currently on a short career break from clinical practice.
- Regular CPD & networking events on topics designed to support your return to work including Wellbeing, Work/Life Balance, Complex Consultations, Functional Illness, Portfolio Careers.
- 1-1 mentor sessions with an experienced GP mentor
Who can apply?
GPs (partners, salaried, & locums) who are on a short break from clinical practice of between 3 and 24 months, due to parental/carer leave, an extended sabbatical, travel, secondment, or planning their return after a period of illness.
- Devon GPs on a short career break (3-24m)
- Currently on the Medical Performers List
- In the case of long-term sick leave, where the individuals’ GP/OH team supports participation in the scheme as part of a phased return to work.
How much does it cost?
There is no charge to participants for CPD events or mentoring. This workforce support offer is fully funded by Devon ICB.
Why take part?
- Reconnect with professional / peer networks
- Reduce isolation & Increase confidence
- Link into existing workforce support (LMC Coaching, Wellbeing Hub)
- Facilitate an enjoyable and sustainable return to work
How can I apply?
If you or a GP member of your team would like to find out, please complete our Sign up Form, or contact our GP Retention team on email@example.com