All apprenticeship programmes will require English and Maths qualifications – either GCSE pass (grade C/4 or above) or Functional skills Level 2 pass. Some programmes will allow these qualifications to be gained alongside the apprenticeship training, others will require them prior to starting. There are a range of Functional skills training providers , the training and assessment is usually free for functional skills.
This online offer is supported by Health Education England for staff in Primary and Social Care
All you need to do is send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email address of the prospective candidate
- Name of the prospective candidate
- If the candidate would like to register for functional skills in English, Maths, or both.
- Confirmation of line manager approval
Functional skills courses are available to join at any time. Courses are currently being delivered online using zoom, therefore, appropriate IT equipment e.g. laptop/computer along with internet access will be required. We do have a number of face to face courses if you do not have suitable IT equipment or prefer to learn in a classroom environment.
English and maths course requirements:
Before joining the group, you will be required to attend a skill check with one of our Learning Support Co-ordinators, this will include a online assessment and discussion to ensure we offer you the most appropriate course.
To access the functional skills course free of charge, you need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Must be 19 years or older
- Must not have a GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and/or maths at grade C/4 or higher
- Must have lived in the UK/EU for (at least) the preceding 3 years (exceptions may apply, please contact for more details)
To proceed with your registration, please could you email us (email@example.com) to confirm you fulfil the above criteria and provide us with the details below:
- Full name
- Date of birth
Useful Petroc Links: