This online learning programme supports a range of healthcare professionals to gain the necessary knowledge to successfully support patients with their SRH needs.
Sessions of 20-30 minutes, interactive and accessible, cover a range of topics.
Learners can access information, read articles, undertake self-assessments, view video clips and animation, along with real-life case studies to support learning.
A joint project between the RCGP, FRSH, and RCOG, this library provides educational resources and guidelines on women’s health that are relevant to GPs and other primary healthcare professionals
- Maternal Health
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Peri/Post Menopause
These one-day interactive courses provide up-to-date, evidence-based learning for those needing an introduction to sexual and reproductive health, as well as more experienced practice nurses.
Suitable for GPs, Nurses, Physician Associates, Paramedics, Pharmacists and other Healthcare Professionals working in Primary Care.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Develop the skills and confidence to consult with patients about their sexual and reproductive healthcare needs
- Recommend an appropriate method of emergency contraception
- Review the COC, POP and injection contraceptive methods
- Carry out sexual health risk assessments
- Identify when patients are at risk of STIs
This free online course supports all healthcare professionals to deliver effective contraceptive care.
Engaging and interactive, the course features a range of case studies, video content and additional reading resources.
- Key concepts in contraceptive counselling
- Key skills for effective contraceptive counselling
- Understanding good and bad consultations
- Action planning to improve your contraceptive consultations
6 hour online CPD course
Suitable for any healthcare professional who sees women and who would like to formalise and accredit their learning and consulting skills around the area of the menopause.
Participants will learn how to assess and manage women in the menopause and perimenopause.
- online lectures and a series of different video-based e-consultations with MCQ assessment
- CPD accredited with a certificate received after completing each section
- evidence based peer reviewed resources on menopause care including NICE NG23, infographics, tools for clinicians and factsheets for women
- The Toolkit will equip everyone with a general understanding of the menopause – its diagnosis and management
- Used to support the BMS Principles and Practice of the Menopause accredited course.