Primary Prevention: Diagnosis and Management of Hypertension and CVD – 22nd March 2024 – Hosted by LDC
March 22 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm£65
Primary Prevention: Diagnosis and Management of Hypertension and CVD – 22nd March 2024.
13:30 to 16:30.
With Specialist Nurse Educator, Judith Magowan.
Suitable for: Healthcare professionals working in primary care
Aim: To equip healthcare professionals working in primary care with the knowledge, skills and behaviours to proactive detect and manage cardiovascular risk factors including hypertension to reduce CVD mortality and morbidity
Intended learning outcomes:
• To reflect on the burden of hypertension and review the national focus and initiatives to improve outcomes.
• To review best practice and options to ensure accurate measurement of BP.
• To determine how the raised BP should be assessed and what further investigations are required to assess for target organ damage or secondary causes.
• To review CVD risk assessments and consideration when initiating lipid modification therapy and lifestyle measures.
• To review thresholds for diagnosis of stage 1, 2 and 3 HT
• To appraise the options for initiating medication for newly diagnosed hypertension.
This session will be presented virtually. Meeting details will be sent to delegates in the week prior to the course taking place.
If you no longer require your place on this course place cancel it so that there is availability for other delegates. To cancel a booking please log into your Learning and Development Centre account, go to the Centre course list and click on the orange box next to the course name.
It is expected that you will attend the session virtually from a quiet location at which you will not be disturbed, and you will have access to a microphone and camera on your device. Every delegate must have their own device to use throughout this session. This is a requirement for attending this interactive course.
If there are any queries please contact us: email@example.com