- This event has passed.
Personalised Conversations (Health Coaching Skills 1) – 31st January, 7th, 21st and 28th February 2024 – Hosted by LDC
January 31 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pmFree
Personalised Conversations (Health Coaching Skills 1) – 31st January, 7th, 21st and 28th February 2024
9.30am-1.30pm on all training days.
Sessions lead by Vicky Sullivan and Becki White.
Please read the information below before booking a place on this course:
This course is being hosted for the benefit of Primary Care workers in any role.
12 places available
The South West England Personalised Care and Health Coaching Skills Collaborative are delighted to present this learning opportunity to further develop your personalised conversations skills.
This learning and development is suitable for all practitioners within the Health and Social Care workforce and community teams including Clinical consultants, AHP’s, Health and Wellbeing Coaches, Care Coordinators, Social Prescribers, Social workers etc.
The aim of this course is to introduce you to the principles/concepts of personalised care and health coaching skills to develop an understanding of the interpersonal skills and dynamics in a Coaching Conversation. As a result of this learning, you will be able to:
- Explain the principles/concepts of personalised care, social determinants of health and the concept of health coaching skills
- Explore understanding of the interpersonal skills and dynamics in a Coaching Conversation
- Discuss using tailored conversations to the person’s capability, motivation, activation or opportunities using knowledge of the stages of change
- Apply considerations for meeting individual needs with an awareness of equity and equality
- Explore managing expectations and working with rapport and challenge within conversations
- Demonstrate skills development and reflective practice
Learning and Development Centre is part of a South West England Collaborative of health and care organisations, drawing together expertise in:- quality assured learning and development provision and health coaching in acute, community, social care, primary, VCSE professional settings. Dorset Help & Care Voluntary Sector Organisation and Torbay & South Devon NHS Foundation Trust are holding accreditation of this programme.
A workbook will be provided to everyone enrolled on the course, and meeting links will be issued to everyone in the week prior to the first session.
If there are any queries please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org