- This event has passed.
Introduction to Menopause Management in Primary Care – 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th February and 14th March 2024 – Hosted by LDC
February 15 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm£365
Introduction to Menopause Management in Primary Care – 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th February and 14th March 2024
13:00 to 16:30 on all training dates.
With Specialist Women’s Health Educator, Frankie Brown.
This course is suitable for:
All Clinical Health Professionals working in Primary Care, including experienced Healthcare Assistants.
- 1. To help raise awareness of developments in and up to date information about the menopause and years around
- 2. Knowledge of all treatment options available
- 3. Enable discussion of all options with clients
- 4. To help general menopausal consultations and history taking
- 5. Specific development in skills of delivering the repeat prescription scenario
- 6. Feel confident in giving appropriate advice
- 7. Understand the importance of a good referral pathway when required
- 8. Allows discussion of relevant practice problems and their solutions
Topics to be covered:
- Physiology and definitions
- Menopause symptoms
- What do we need to ask?
- Management Strategies: Hormonal and non-hormonal treatment of menopause symptoms
- Diet, Lifestyle and Exercise
- Complementary therapies
- Women with special needs
- Contraceptive options for peri-menopausal women
- Which HRT when and how
- The older woman
- Case Studies
- Action plan, evaluation, and resources
It is expected that you will attend all the sessions virtually from a quiet location at which you will not be disturbed, and you will have access to a microphone and camera on your device.
Every delegate must have their own device to use throughout this session. This is a requirement for attending this interactive course.
If you no longer require your place on this course place cancel it so that there is availability for other delegates. To cancel a booking please log into your Learning and Development Centre account, go to the Centre course list and click on the orange box next to the course name.
If there are any queries please contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org