Introduction to Fundamentals in Primary Care – 21st, 28th February and 6th, 13th March 2024 – Hosted by LDC
February 21, 2024 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm£185
Introduction to Fundamentals in Primary Care – 21st, 28th February and 6th, 13th March 2024.
Sessions to run virtually between 10:00 and 12:30 for each session.
Hosted by Connie Fearnley, BMBS, BMedSci, Clinical Educator, Learning and Development Centre
ARRS Roles including (but not limited to) Pharmacists, Dietitians, Mental Health Nurses, Pharmacy Technicians, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, RNAs, HCAs and TNAs.
The Learning and Development Centre team is very excited to introduce a brand-new, 4-part course specifically designed for ARRS roles and clinical staff in general practice.
Topics to be included:
1. QFIT, 2-week-wait
2. Anaemia & Interpreting bloods
3. Atrial Fibrillation
4. Type 2 diabetes
By the end of the course delegates will know:
– Know when is appropriate to request a QFIT
– Symptoms/signs that warrant a 2-week-wait referral
– Basic interpretation to routine & common GP bloods
– Be able to interpret a low haemoglobin (Hb)
– Know how atrial fibrillation is diagnosed and factors affecting decision for anticoagulation
– Basic principles of Type 2 Diabetes management and common medications used
In practice this will:
– Empower members of the MDT to act on patient history and findings and give information to GPs if they feel further action is required
– Allow greater awareness of red flag symptoms amongst the team will help to reduce time to investigations and treatment.
– Encourage communications between roles and enhance MDT working within the practice.
It is expected that you will attend the session virtually from a quiet location at which you will not be disturbed, and you will have access to a microphone and camera on your device. Every delegate must have their own device to use throughout this session. This is a requirement for attending this interactive course.
All delegates must have their own booking made through the Learning and Development Centre website to join the meeting. The name on your Zoom account should be recognisable as the name on your booking. If we cannot identify delegates they may not be admitted to the session, or certificates may not be issued after the event.
If you no longer require your place on this course place cancel it so that there is availability for other delegates. To cancel a booking please log into your Learning and Development Centre account, go to the Training Hub course list and click on the orange box next to the course name.
If there are any queries please contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org