• Sam Ismael - Senior Social Prescriber, Barnstaple Alliance PCN
• Anita Griggs - Community-based health and wellbeing coach, Vista Wellbeing
• Tom Mack, Active Devon Programmes Manager.
1. Upskill attendees in how to engage and support people experiencing mental health problems in physical activity, exercise and sport.
2. Increase the value within routine care placed on physical activity support for those with serious mental illness to enable better patient physical and mental health outcomes.
3. Establish a network initiative that focuses on improving links between localities partners whom care and support people with mental health conditions
1. Understand the benefits of physical activity in the prevention and management of long-term health conditions including serious mental illness
2. Increase communication skills with clients experiencing mental health problems about being physically active and have increased understanding of what may prevent them from doing so.
3. Have more confidence in supporting clients with SMI overcome barriers to participation in activity, exercise and sport and develop problem-solving skills in this area.
4. Increase your awareness and ability to enable your clients to access activities locally. Identify mutual priorities with others working in the system to facilitate improvements and inclusivity of provision.
5. Personally contribute to the development and expansion of a locally focused physical activity network to support people with mental health challenges be active and have choice.
Resources and Pre-Reading:
We strongly recommend reading these resources to support the activities within these sessions:
If you are not able to attend this session please let us know in advance so that a place can be made available for another delegate.
Please note that we will issue a £15 invoice for places that are not used unless we are advised that delegates are unable to attend.
These sessions will be presented virtually and we will be sending the meeting links to all delegates in the week prior to each session. If there are any queries please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org