This course raises awareness of mental health. It covers:
· What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
· A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
· An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
· Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
· This is a half day course delivered either face-to-face or via online video conferencing
· Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
· We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Everyone who completes the course gets:
· A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
· A manual to refer to whenever you need it
· A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
If you are not able to attend this session please let us know in advance so that a place can be made available for another delegate. Please note that we will issue a £15 invoice for places that are not used unless we are advised that delegates are unable to attend.
This course is being run as an online training course. Details of how to join the meeting will be emailed to you closer to the event.