Immunisations Foundation for Healthcare Assistants and Assistant Practitioners
14th and 19th October 2021,
Day One: 12.30pm to 3.30pm - 14th October 2021
Day Two: 12pm to 3pm - 19th October 2021
Delegates must attend both sessions to complete the course.
With Tricia Smith and Emma Edwards
This course is suitable for all HCA’s
All delegates must attend both days
This course meets the national minimum standards for immunisation training
Course content will include
• Immunity and the different types of vaccine and how they work
• Legal aspects of vaccination, including delegation, consent and patient specific directions
• Epidemiology of influenza, pneumococcal and shingles diseases.
• Influenza, COVID, pneumococcal and shingles programmes for 2021/22.
• The importance of the cold chain
• Consultation process and risk assessment
This course is being run as an online training course. Details of how to join the meeting will be emailed to you closer to the event.
Delegates will be asked to complete a workbook to be submitted prior to the course starting. Please allow time to complete this before the training session.
This course will be presented virtually and resources will be distributed to delegates including competency documents that will enable them to complete the practical requirements in practice with a mentor.
Please be aware that delegates will be asked to complete workbooks and an online assessment; without these the certificate of attendance cannot be awarded.
Meeting details will be sent to delegates in the week prior to the training session.