Frailty Focus: Autumn Series - 17th November 2021, 12.30pm to 1.30pm
Continence - Falls
With Dr Kath Bhatt, Dr Steph Dyer and Jane Reddaway OT
We aim to cover why it’s important to think Frailty, how to prevent /reverse/ manage it, who and how to ask for help and how to get the best out of our local services.
We hope this will mean more prevention and less acute crisis; better for us all.
We have teamed up with a bunch of interested LOCAL GPs, Community staff, OTs/physios, pharmacists, social prescribers, falls team, continence experts, dieticians, mental health practitioners and our local COTE care of the elderly consultants to ensure we know what is and isn’t available on our patch for a lively but local discussion.
The sessions are all 1hr long and cover 3 areas, so will be fast paced yet broad. Each will involve a MDT Zoom ‘Talking heads’ discussion with some real lived examples and then two focus areas to include
- Deprescribing-top tips/ 3 things you can do
· - Healthy Ageing- why this is so important and how to get patients engaged. What’s on offer and using social prescribers/ wellbeing co-ordinators
· - Strength and balance classes- what are they all about & who should I refer?
· - Falls- what you need to know
· - Hydration/nutrition- top tips- it makes a difference
· - Delerium- what to do, tricky situations
· - Continence- useful stuff, resources and services available.
Course Aims and Outcomes:
Healthy Ageing and frailty prevention
Understand the importance of frailty identification and how to do it
Understand the benefits of early intervention and reversibility of frailty, including where to access services to support this.
This course will be presented virtually and the meeting details will be sent to delegates in the week prior to the course.
If there are any queries please contact email@example.com